As part of our Te Ao Māori focus that is based on mana enhancing tikanga and fulfilling the needs of tamariki and whanau, we are looking for a Tutor to develop kapa haka in our school and surrounding schools and community.
Ideally this person will live locally or be able to commute on a weekly basis and take students for practice for up to 2 hours per week, per school.
This kaupapa will need development and interest will grow, but so far, initial interest has been expressed from surrounding schools in order to support our Māori teachers who do not have the capacity to run this as an extracurricular activity.
Skills or Qualifications Required
Ideally, the skills for this role will include:
- Proven experience and skills of Māori Arts Kapa Haka, essential
- Knowledge of Māori language, values and tikanga essential
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Well developed interpersonal skills both oral and written and ability to lead instruction
- Adhere to participating School values and policies
- A collaborative working style that supports tamariki and rangatahi
- Confident singer, skilled guitarist
- Own transport, current full driver’s license
We will provide:
- A contract rate to be negotiated for this role based on experience, skill set and time available for.
This is a call for expressions of interest for a contractor position. Please apply with a Cover Letter and CV to Ripeka Tamepo, Tumuaki at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please call 03 319 5228.