As part of our Tama Toa program that is focused on fulfilling the needs of our tama, we are looking for a suitably skilled Carver to work on a contract basis to teach and support our male Kaiāwhina, Ka Kai ka ako provider and develop the skills needed to pass on to our tama.
Tama Toa is a program that has a Te Ao Māori focus that is based on mana enhancing tikanga and fulfilling the needs of our tama. This program will run alongside the Teaching and Learning Program at Hāpuku School.
Ideally this person will live locally or be willing to commute on a weekly basis or temporarily relocate in order to fulfil the role hands-on, then provide online remote support to our male Kaiāwhina. The hours are negotiable depending on the tutor and project/s put in place.
Skills or Qualifications Required
Skills Needed for the Role:
- Proven experience and skills of Māori Arts /Carving essential
- Knowledge of Māori values and tikanga essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Initially fulfil the role in Kaikoura and provide ongoing remote support
- Adhere to Hāpuku School values and policies
- A collaborative working style that supports our male Kaiāwhina, tamariki and rangatahi
We will provide:
- A contract rate to be negotiated for the term of the experience, hours and kaupapa discussed and decided with the successful applicant.
- All tools for akonga (students)
- An environment where you feel valued and inspired.
This is a call for expressions of interest for a contractor position. Please apply with a Cover Letter and CV to Ripeka Tamepo, Tumuaki at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please call 03 319 5228.
The application form will include these questions:Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?Do you have a current Police Check (Criminal Record Check) for employment?Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?