- Casual role based with our team in Kaikoura
- Skilled and qualified cook with experience within a similar environment
- Excellent time management & organisational skills are key to this role
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
This is an excellent role for an experienced cook who is looking to step up into working in a large scale kitchen with our team at Kaikōura Health (Te Hā o Te Ora). In this role you will be providing meals for patients with a variety of dietary requirements so you will be able to work carefully and accurately.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing meals for our patients with the main service being lunch
- Preparing meals for patients with specific dietary requirements
- Ensure that all Food Safety Control procedures are followed
- Preparing food for Meals on Wheels
Skills or Qualifications Required
Your skills will include:
- You will have good knowledge of food preparation and safe food handling
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Apply online https://cdhb.careercentre.net.nz/Job/Cleaner-Kaikoura-Health/Kaikoura/18058, or contact us on email@example.com