Cafe Encounter is a fast paced environment, with valued and diverse clientele. We have a great opportunity for an experienced Chef to join the kitchen team at our beachfront cafe!
Based at the operating hub; we are more than just a Café, with a retail store, gallery, conference room and marine based tours.
We are looking for a motivated person with a positive attitude to join our team. Ideally applicants will have experience in a similar environment and the role will include:
- general food preparation and kitchen hygiene
- supporting the delivery of a short order menu including both breakfast and lunch service
- making and supporting the creation of a variety of cabinet food and blackboard specials
- a good understanding of Food & Safety Standards although in house training is provided
- monitoring quality and consistency at all stages of preparation and presentation
We are open 7 days, daytime hours, between 6.30am and 4.00pm.
Applicants for this positions should be able to legally work in NZ and fluent in English.
Skills or Qualifications Required
We would like to talk to applicants with experience in a similar environment, good communication skills, plenty of energy and a strong work ethic who take pride in what they do.
We offer great benefits, with a generous team member discount and the option to join our tours on your days off. We have a supportive working environment offering training and an interest in your development and job satisfaction.